Beverly Hills Farmers' Market
Join us for our 25th Market anniversary and 7th Annual PickleFest Contest
Sunday, August 4th 2019
9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Pickle fanatics and pickling amateurs chow down and compete at the annual Beverly Hills Farmers' Market PickleFest. Sponsored by legendary Beverly Hills delicatessen Nate‘n Al, PickleFest features family-friendly fun, entertainment and a sour-puckering contest for the “Best Dill Pickle” in Beverly Hills. There's also a category called “I Can Pickle That!” where entrants can compete with any pickled fruit or vegetable grown in California.
The PickleFest application can be found here. Please complete and email to email@example.com
- All pickled items must be made with a fruit or vegetable grown in California. No meat products.
- Pickles and pickled products will be judged on color, taste, appearance, originality and texture.
- Contestants can enter one item in each catergory-Submit three (3) glass jars: one jar to be opened for judging minumum 6 pickles for judging), one jar for sampling to the public and one for display.
- "Best Dill Pickle in Beverly Hills" - pickles should be whole.
- "I Can Pickle That!" - any pickled vegetable or fruit grown in California.
- There is a nonrefundable $10.00 entry fee per applicant due by Wednesday, July 31, 2019, made payable to the City of Beverly Hills. Contestants can register at the Beverly Hills Farmers’ Market Information Booth each Sunday, online at www.beverlyhills.org/picklefest or mail your application to Beverly Hills Farmers’ Market, 501 Doheny Road, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.
- On day of contest, bring entries to judging booth at 9 a.m. With delivery of product, PLEASE BRING RECIPE TYPED OR PRINTED INCLUDING CONTESTANT NAME. You are encouraged to email recipe, if possible, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No incomplete entries will be considered.
- All entries become the property of the City of Beverly Hills. We reserve the right to use your entry in all print and electronic media, and to edit it for brevity and clarity.
- Label requirements: All entries must be labeled. Label must be placed securely on the side of the jar. Clear adhesive packaging tape is recommended. The labels must contain the product name and all ingredients.
- The pickled product must be prepared by the contestant submitting the item for judging. No pickled meat entries will be accepted. Professional chefs and restaurant entries will not be accepted. Those who make a practice of selling their handicraft or who commercialize their work are not eligible to enter the contest.
- Best Tasting Dill Pickle in Beverly Hills winners will receive Nate‘n Al gift cards: 1st place $200.00, 2nd place $100.00, 3rd place $50.00. “I can pickle that!” winners will receive gift cards from Nate‘n Al: 1st place $100.00, 2nd place $75.00, 3rd place $50.00. For more information, please contact Market Management at 310.285.6830
Congratulations to the 2018 Picklefest Winners
“I Can Pickle That!” Darrell Fluman- 1st place; Jeanne Ackerman - 2nd place; and Marsha & Burt Rosenman- 3rd place
"Best Dill Pickle in Beverly Hills” Bryan Chabrow- 1st place; Darrell Fluman- 2nd place; Jeanne Ackerman - 3rd place
Special thanks to all of the contestants, judges and Nate‘n Al for making the 2018 Beverly Hills PickleFest a great success!
Picklefest Commemorative Cookbook 2018
News, Releases and Videos:
Release: Picklefest Winners Announced (2015)
Video: Beverly Hills This Week: 2014 Pickle Fest
Beverly Hills Farmers' Market is open Sundays from 9:00am to 1:00pm rain or shine.
9300 block of Civic Center Drive between Third Street and Santa Monica Boulevard
Two hours free parking in the Civic Center Parking Structure at 450 Rexford Drive
For general information, please call 310.285.6830